Frequently Asked Questions about Towing Las Vegas

  1. What Days are Considered Holiday Days?
  2. Why do I have a violation sticker on my car?
  3. Where are you located at?
  4. What do I need to reclaim my vehicle?
  5. Why did I receive Certified Mail?

What Days are Considered Holiday Days?

2011 Federal Holidays

Friday, November 11 Veterans Day
Thursday, November 24 Thanksgiving Day
Monday, December 26 Christmas Day

2012 Federal Holidays

Monday, January 2 New Year’s Day
Monday, January 16 Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
Monday, February 20 Washington’s Birthday
Monday, May 28 Memorial Day
Wednesday, July 4 Independence Day
Monday, September 3 Labor Day
Monday, October 8 Columbus Day
Friday, November 12 Veterans Day
Thursday, November 22 Thanksgiving Day
Tuesday, December 25 Christmas Day

Why do I have a violation sticker on my car?

If your vehicle has received a violation sticker it is because your vehicle was found to be in violation. Before you assume someone is out to get you, browse through the following most commonly found violations and then check your vehicle to see if it matches the criteria of a violation. • Violations are as follows; 1. No Parking Permit On Vehicle 2. Vehicle With Flat Tire(s) 3. Registration Expired 4. No License Plates or Tags 5. Stored or Inoperable If your vehicle has received a violation sticker and you’re still not sure why, you may contact the office at (702) 329-1125.

Where are you located at?

Century Towing Inc, a towing Las Vegas company, is open from Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm excluding holidays. For after business hours service call (702) 329-1125. If you are requesting information about recovering a towed vehicle please call (702) 329-1125 for pricing and storage information. 1933 Western Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89102

What do I need to reclaim my vehicle?

If we have towed your vehicle due to improper parking, expired registration, or no tags we will gladly help you recover your car as quickly and inexpensively as possible. As always, there is a little paperwork involved. Take note of these four things you will need when recovering a vehicle:

  1. Proof of ownership:
    • Current Registration
    • Title with your printed Name of the Front
    • Signed-over Title with a notorized Bill of Sale for each transfer
    • A valid current 10-day or 1-day vehicle moving permit from the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
    • A current DMV printout showing you as the vehicle owner
    • A dealer’s report of sale (DRS) which has not expired. New cars 20 days from date of purchase, used cars 10 days from date of purchase.
    • Rental vehicles require a rental contract in your name
  2. Photo identification. Acceptable Forms of Identification: All State and Federal Goverment Issued Photo Identification Cards
    • Drivers license, Sheriff’s cards, INS Issued Temporary Alien Cards, INS Alien Cards, Gaming Cards, Work Cards issued by LVMPD
    • Exception, Declaration of arrest accompanied by a notice of driver license revocation.
  3. A release form if your car has a hold.
  4. If you are not the vehicle owner and want to obtain or visit the vehicle, you will need:
    A signed, dated and notorized note or letter from the vehicle owner with a vehicle description including the VIN # (VIN# is required)
    • If the vehicle owner is in custody, a fully completed (in ink) signed Jail Vehicle Release Form is sufficient.
    • Insurance papers are NOT accepted as proof of ownership

Why did I receive Certified Mail?

The Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles has informed us that you are the owner of the vehicle described in the certified letter you received. The Nevada Revised Statutes allow for the registered/legal owner of a motor vehicle to be held responsible for any cost related to the vehicle being towed and impounded at an impound facility. The certified letter informed you of matters related to the vehicle up to its being disposed of at a Lien Sale Auction. Unless you sold or transferred the vehicle before it was impounded you are responsible for the vehicle and the charges owed, and you need to make arrangements to remove the vehicle from our lot as soon as possible to prevent additional charges from incurring. Once the vehicle has besen disposed of at an auction, our collections department will bill you for any amount not recovered. If you sold or transferred the vehicle before it was impounded, this means you had no interest in the vehicle. You will need to provide proof of release of liability to prevent any action being taken against you in an effort to collect charges owed. Items that establish proof of release of liability: • A Bill of Sale notarized prior to the date the vehicle was impounded at our facility. • A print out from the Department of Motor Vehicles detailing the date: 1. You turned in the license plates to the DMV 2. You transferred the license plates to another vehicle 3. Documents relinquishing your interest in the vehicle notarized or stamped by the DMV